Monday, April 22, 2013

What comes with spring??? If you live in the desert, it's bugs.

I do a full body shiver thinking about it. When I moved to the Las Vegas area, our house had just been sprayed for bugs. I figured this was just a common thing for our property management company to fumigate a house prior to new tenants. Actually it seems, it is a regular thing to fumigate several times a year hear. I am use to Colorado, where unless you live out in the country, you don't have a bug problem unless you are dirty people. So imagine my distress, as spring hit full force, at seeing rather large roaches in my backyard. Doing another shiver.

I immediately started reading up on natural ways to get rid of bugs. I wasn't sure about doing chemicals because we have a dog that is occasionally outside. Yes, occasionally, because he hates being outside, and I didn't want to expose him to something. Then things changed. What changed you ask? I saw a bug in my house. My very worst nightmare, bugs in my house. I'm not a germ-a-fobe, but it was a bug. Not just a bug, it was roach. With that change, Terminix was called, and they will be here tomorrow.

Of course, with finding a bug in my house i went into full blown cleaning spree. I mean I clean everyday, but I went over everything. I moved everything, and watching to see if I came across anymore horrible bugs. I did find two more smaller dead bugs under the couch by the front door. I was looking at the door and saw that the weather stripping was gaping. That is probably the way it got in. As I walked around the house today, I kept looking half expecting to see another bug. Thank goodness I didn't see anything, but the bug guy can't get hear soon enough.

With that stress in the back of my mind, I been in a good mood all day. I slept in a little late, and then spent the rest of the day cleaning. Now, I am taking a little time to catch up on some digital communications. I went over the course materials for my college class that starts the end of May, and made sure I had everything I needed. I am so excited to take an actual college art class. I will be stepping outside my normal art mediums, and normally I would be so worried. Instead of worry or nervousness, I am looking forward to learning something new to create a new form of art. On top of that, I have an interview tomorrow morning for a job. I  don't expect to get the job, but I am just happy that I have an interview. I have decided that after so long out of the workforce, just getting an interview is an accomplishment. At first, when I got an interview and didn't get the job I would be crushed. Now, I am happy that I was even considered. I figure when I am meant to have a job, I will get a job.

This happiness is a nice transition to my next topic. My weight. I have read a lot of articles on weight loss, and one thing that I scoffed at was when they said weight loss is mental not just physical. It is a physical change you make. Change the foods you eat. Change the amount and way you exercise. How can it be mental. The most recent article said your weight loss is actually tied to your mental state. They said the happier you are, the better your weight loss will be. As I read this, I still was thinking thought 'what a load of bull'. What made me think about this was my recent weight gain and then sudden loss. I didn't change anything about how I eat or exercise. I couldn't figure out how I lost the weight. Then I started thinking about my attempts at weight loss. Almost every time I attempted weight loss, I was depressed and unhappy. The more the weight loss didn't work, the more depressed I got. Yet, recently I had decided to stop worrying about the little things, and just started seeing the positive in everything. Could the difference really be as easy as my mood change? You know what? I think it really can be that easy. I'm sure there are a ton of technical jargon i could say that would support this, but I am going with positive mind makes things happen.

Could you get any better news? Because you are happy and looking at that silver lining, you are boosting your body to burn more calories. Because you are burning those calories more efficiently, you are seeing actual weight loss for the first time in a long time. Because you are having actual weight loss, you are even happier. It is a never ending circle of wonderful. I am feeling so happy and amazed at how life can keep changing in such a positive way. No, I am not saying that the only reason I am happy is because I am loosing weight. I actually gave up on loosing weight and started to just accept that I would never drop the extra weight. It took a really frank talk with my husband to show me that it was me putting conditions on his love for me. It was only me that thought he loved me less because i have gotten older and gained weight. Everyone in my life has always pointed out how flawed or broken I am, until I met my husband. He has spent over 15 years telling and showing me that i am the most perfect me that I could be.

Okay, I'm not perfect, but I don't want to be. If I was perfect, the journey would be over. One of the big parts of life is self improvement. It can also be one of the most fun, once you let go and just enjoy. I love making improvements to me and my life. I love seeing the changes in myself.

And now, I plan on making the next 40 years even better than the last 40 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment